6.18.2010

"He's SUCH an Alejandro!"

Okay, okay. I’m obsessed. And, yes, I know it’s a little bit of a Madonna rip-off, but lately, whenever I need a little pick-me-up in the office, I take an eight minute break and immerse myself in this piece of visual art. Yes, like her or not, but Gaga has done it again; this time, saluting gay pride in a habitat that is a combination of winter in communist Eastern Europe, The Matrix, and the Catholic church. In as little as eight minutes, you’ll see Your Heighness wearing the coolest binoculars you’ve ever seen, march in a KGB-esque army, pose suggestively with the gay community, and, of course, don a red habit and swallow a set of Rosary beads (Sr. Faith would not be happy, BVA girls). Though I’m not crazy about her lack of fake eyelashes and very unflattering bowl cut, she makes me fall in love with the second track of ‘The Fame Monster’ all over again. Telling a story that makes little sense with a beat that definitely sounds like it was stolen from Ace of Base, I rock it every day on the way to work (despite the dismay of the boys I drive with), and encourage all of you to do the same. A complete contrast to colorful and cartoon-y ‘Telephone’, check out ‘Alejandro’ if you already haven’t and prepared to be in a visual ecstasy. Ten points for you if you actually know an Alejandro, which I have turned into a noun for every hot Hispanic man I know (i.e., “He’s such an Alejandro”).

No comments:

Post a Comment