12.13.2010

Christmas is a Time for Salvation Army

AKA where I’ll be shopping very soon if my spending habits continue on the route they are headed. Yes, while I love the holidays, my life in DC, a new dress for my office Christmas party, and a trip to the Gansevoort in Miami for NYE has definitely done some extreme damage onto my checking account. And that doesn’t even include the fact that I have yet to buy a single Christmas present for anyone! I love gift giving and surprising my friends and family, but realized that with so many obligations on my end financially, will definitely need to get creative for Xmas this year. And as I’m sure many of you will too, here are my suggestions for gifts that are sexy and won’t force collections to come after you come January:

• For your brother: Sneakers or the full season of a show that the two of you watch together. Boys love new kicks and stupid tv shows. It’s that simple.
• For your sister: I don’t have one but if I did, I’d get her Sephora anything. They have so many great gift packs over the holidays that look like they’d be so expensive but in actuality are actually like $25. Plus, I’ve never not liked a gift before that makes me prettier.
• For your aunt: A bedazzled candle. Something from Crate & Barrel. Stuff like this makes old people go “awww”.
• For your uncle: A cigar. Grilling utensils. Golf things. Something that makes him feel super manly.
• For your grandmother: A donation to a nice charity in her name. Because, really, what does she need?
• For your grandfather: Reading material- if you’re like mine, non-fiction only. Fiction is for crackpots.
• For nieces, nephews, cousins, and the under 13 crew: I honestly don’t know what’s cool this year, but if it was me, would have definitely taken a Furby or Tamagotchi at the time.
• For your BF4L: An inside-joke item. Perhaps a funny framed photo of a boy they’re obsessed with. You can get creative on Shutterfly.com with this.
• For your significant other: Not an item, but an experiencial gift that the two of you have to do together. Because you’re hot and worth it- obvi!
• For your boss: A nice bottle of wine. They’ll need it after dealing with you for the past however long.
• For your dad: A new, flattering piece of clothing that will upgrade his old-school look. You don’t have to go too crazy money wise to do this, either.
• For your mom: Splurge. Disregard the fact that you’re on a budget. Louis Vuitton, Chloe, whatever. She ruined her vagina for you.

I’ll definitely be making the rounds at Tysons Corner and the Georgetown Mall, but can’t wait to see everyone’s faces light up with a new item under the tree for them. Even though I’ll be eating brown rice until my paycheck comes January 1st.

No comments:

Post a Comment