4.17.2011

Redline Makes Me Like Sports


Okay, that's a lie. Unless I'm watching Cristiano Rinaldo or David Beckham, I'm pretty much bored and over it. However, Chinatown's latest sports bar haunt, Redline, serves up tons of HD tvs with the latest games, great food, and actually serves beer in a way that does not make me feel like a classless fatass (individual taps accompany every table, so you actually have two drafts of your choosing available at your table- so a la mode and VIP-like). After going to watch the Barcelona/Madrid game this past Saturday, I remembered how much I actually like the place. And aside from the fact that it's owned by a friend of mine, Redline caters not only to the sporty frat-boy crowd, but to the sports bar-haters like me who cringe at the idea of spending a Saturday afternoon watching a game at McFaddens.The menu is also AWESOME- food is delectable and goes to show you that watching sports is not an excuse to consume mediocre food that's a bazillion calories (for the purposes of examples, I had a caprese salad and tomato hummus while "watching" the game). But the leather couches, brick walls, a cosmopolitan question, and, yes, lots of guidos and prepsters mixed into one room? Redline is definitely a spot that caters to and satisfies all taste and styles. And, after my Saturday afternoon, I was proved wrong-I thought I was the only one who dressed up to watch spots.

No comments:

Post a Comment