8.03.2010

The Conference Room

This past Saturday night, after laying around and staring at the wall all afternoon after a long night the evening before, two of my favorite people in the world dragged me for an evening that brought me to one of DC’s latest hot spots that has yet to be unveiled in the social circuit throughout DC. After enjoying cocktails and sushi in the lounge at Oya (which I hope that my entire home looks like one day, just as an FYI), a group of us went to The Donovan House in Dupont Circle, one of the trendiest hotels in the city with a delicious restaurant in the lobby (ZenTen) and a great rooftop pool and bar area. But having just has a Kertain Brazilian treatment straightener in my hair only two days prior and a downpour of rain starting to ruin the party on the roof, a manager took us downstairs to an amazing venue that has yet to blow up in DC; Renovating a posh white-on-white banquet space into an intimate lounge with a house DJ and bar-and, of course, a very big bouncer keeping the overly inebriated people out at the door- I was in for a treat in this new space that kept my hair dry and my body hydrated with champagne.

Naturally named “The Conference Room”, this second floor lounge on the second floor of the Donovan House is small, edgy, and European in demeanor (which means I love it, because I love anywhere that makes me feel like I’m in Europe for even five seconds) is filled with chaise lounges that still allow you to fist-pump without the full-fledged dance floor of a nightclub. And if you’re not into DeadMau5 or Tiesto, get out quick; this place is definitely a house music haven. But with excellent bottle specials, an intimate setting, and a more low-key vibe for a Saturday night when you’d like to relax but still be social, throw on a Sky dress and enjoy The Conference Room, the Donovan House’s new upscale lounge on the second floor. And, you won’t have to worry about getting pushed into the rooftop pool after too many shots of Patron.

3 comments:

  1. of course like your website but you have to test the spelling on several of your posts.

    A number of them are rife with spelling issues and I find
    it very bothersome to inform the truth on the other hand I will
    certainly come again again.

    My site; tworzenie stron internetowych poznaƄ ()

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you are going for finest contents like me, just
    pay a visit this web page every day as it presents quality contents,
    thanks

    my web page :: inspections

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoy simply reading all of your weblogs. Simply wanted to inform you that you have people like me who appreciate your work. Definitely a great post dewa poker | dewapoker

    ReplyDelete