10.03.2010

'Catfish' makes my Facebook stalking seem normal...

If you haven't seen Catfish yet, then you're not living. Tonight, my brother who is in town from Philly and I thought we'd steer clear of the typical Halloween slasher movies, and instead, saw the independent documentary flick that still has me in awe. Having gotten positive reviews from Perez, Rolling Stone, and all other relatively credible news sources, this movie has a unique plot twist, eerie scenes, and an end that will make you say OMG. Without giving too much away, the movie is set in 2008, when three New York-based cinematographers document the relationship of their friend and a family that he had been in correspondence with via Facebook for the past year. A sudden turn of events leads the three guys to research the truth in the family's actual existence and crazy things begin to be uncovered.
Now, I can't talk too much smack on the movie's subject, since I probably Facebook stalk way more than I should on a daily basis (ex-boyfriends, beware). But, the entertainment, creativity, and fact that everything in this movie is true will freakin' blow your mind. Bring your boo or your girls, order a huge popcorn, and then be prepared to reconsider what you're doing on Facebook from your cubicle at work every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment