6.27.2011

Salvage your Summer, Washingtoniennes!


Though DC is truly the best city in the world, there’s one thing that really bums me out when it comes to Capital living; DC summer humidity. Most people actually find it worse than Florida’s, and with that being said, literally causes me to be in the midst of an asthma attack every time I walk outside. And while health impairments are no fun, there’s one thing that’s even worse; humidity hair. Yes, if you have naturally curly hair like I do, DC summers are hair suicide, but having researched every product far and wide under the sun (No, John Frieda, Frizz Ease does NOT work), have discovered that a more costly investment does the trick when it comes to dealing with DC’s horrible conditions. The Keratasse Keratin treatment has truly saved my life, and while I typically get it done at Salon D’Talia when I go home to Rhode Island (best salon there is, call 401.349.0746 for an appointment and ask for Maria Corrente, she’s amazing!), I’ve been able to find a few economical locations in DC who do the trick without straight up skimping on the product itself. If you have a little bit of extra money to spend and are looking to salvage your hair for the summer months, check out these great locations for a DC-based Keratin treatment (unless you can make it to Salon D’Talia, that is):


• Bang Salon, Verizon Center. Ask for Sonam or Eden. It’s usually from $300-$350.

• Glynn Jones Salon, Dupont. It’s about $350, and haven’t heard a bad thing from anyone.

• Ibiza Day Spa, DC. $350

• Axis Salon, Dupont Circle. $375.

If you go anywhere else, they could still be great, but not economical (I went to a Dupont Circle Salon last year that wasn’t even that nice, and though I won’t slander their reputation, paid $450 for a mediocre Keratin treatment; not the best move if you have champagne taste on a beer budget like me). And while Keratin treatments are still expensive regardless, if you have kinky, unruly hair, it will change your summer and greatly improve the length of time that it would typically take you to get ready in the morning. I can’t recommend it enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment