6.14.2011

Soy Enamorando Con Estadio!


I know, it’s old news, and I probably should have made the rounds over there by now. But in the deliciously fabulous ‘’gayborhood’’, also known as the 14th street corridor, there’s a sprinkling of restaurants and lounges that give NYC (AKA “the Citayyyy”, to be said in your most bimbo, Whitney Port-esque voice possible) a run for its money. One, which I frequented last night, was good on so many levels that I can’t wait to go back and actually have a full dinner.


Estadio is charming; its Spanish flare is totally unpretentious but still quaint in this tapas eatery, and the staff are exactly the same. While there’s definitely a formality in place with the service, I don’t feel like they’re judging the fact that I’m wearing Just Cavalli instead of Roberto. In fact, the place has got that casual chicness that brought me back to a café in Barcelona (even though I didn’t have the best experience there, but that’s another story for another day). What’s even better is that this place caters to whatever your night may bring; drinks with the girls, dinner date with the boyfriend, night out when the familia comes to DC, whatever, Estadio is a restaurant that is enjoyable and seems to cater to whatever the occasion.

My only peeve here? Half the reason I order champagne or cava is to drink out of the fance glass (yes, I am that girl), and the majority of cocktails at Estadio are served in short, skinny glasses that look like they haven’t been retired from my Yiayia’s pantry since 1962. I’m sorry, but if I’m going to be spending $10 on a cocktail, please do me a favor and hook me up with a sexy glass. Regardless, Estadio is lovely and a MUST if you’re looking to go for dinner and/or drinks, not be judged, and feel like you’re in Europe even if it’s only for a hot sec.

No comments:

Post a Comment