9.07.2011

Sweet Mango Cafe is Jammin, Ya Mon!

Summer might be over, but you can still bring yourself to a Jamaican paradise (Or Pentwoth in DC off of the Green Line...Whatever, close enough) at Sweet Mango Cafe, a delicious Jamaican hole-in-the-wall that I recently discovered that will have your taste buds high on life (or whatever, since it is a Jamaican restaurant) in no time. I'm going to be honest; I'm initially a snob when it comes to some of these shanty-esque looking places. But the moment I sunk my teeth into the jerk chicken, I was transported back to the tacky but beautiful Iberostar Rose Hall Resort in Montego Bay, Jamaica (...where I was just a year ago, to one of my many drunken nights on that vacation that somehow always seemed to end with me sitting by myself on the beach eating jerk chicken). Yes, Sweet Mango Cafe cooks up some great taste sensations that will have you wondering why Jamaican food isn't more prominent in the area. Not into jerk? Go for the festival pastries, the fried plantains, or the spicy goat curries; one of those will definitely do the trick. More importantly, Sweet Mango Cafe is family owned (I love to support small family businesses!) and right off of the Green Line (Pentworth stop; go in groups) for all of you who are smart and don't drive cars around in the city.  And if all else fails, you'll at least have a moment to escape from the dub step blaring from every DC hip hopper's car, and relax to the jams of Bob, Peter, and Beenie, even for just a few minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment