7.26.2010

DMV took over Miss Teen USA!

Kamie Crawford, Miss Teen USA 2010
Okay, so I know that she’s not exactly from DC, but Potomac, Maryland is close enough (and really rich too, FYI). And on July 24th, seventeen-year-old Kamie Crawford, from the 90210 of Maryland, totally achieved my childhood dream and was crowned Miss Teen USA 2010 via webcast. The gorgeous half-Black\half-Irish contestant won the pageant with flying colors in a gorgeous, Rhode Island-esque prom style fuschia evening gown, and picked up a national title in only her SECOND pageant to compete in ever (her first was the Miss Teen Maryland Pageant that brought her to the Teen USA stage). Even better than her flawless track record? The fact that she beat out all of the scary former Toddlers in Tiara-esque teen queens from Texas and Kentucky after they’d been working hard since they were two years old.


Plus, let’s be real; she’s biracial, an honor roll student, fluent in three languages, and from the DCMV area- how could I not freak out at the fact that she got the crown? And though I generously support Erika Wright, Rhode Island’s contestant, I’m in my glory to see that Donald Trump’s judges have selected a very diverse set of queens for the Miss Universe System, as Crawford will be living in the New York City penthouse alongside my other top pick for the USA title, Arab-American Rima Fakih. Now let’s just hope that the Miss Universe judges pick Miss Greece for August’s pageant in Las Vegas, and then all of my pageant dreams will really come full circle. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment