7.08.2010

Why Did I Give Intermix a Second Chance?


I thought I would give them one more chance. Everyone knows about their 40 Off sale every year; Fendi, Elizabeth & James, Giuseppe Zanotti, and so many other goodies for prices that resemble those of second hand stores. And while I ranted about Intermix months back, I had a few extra dollars to burn in my checking account, and decided that I would go back in (Plus, they had Pleasure Doing Business skirts for $50!). Yes, Intermix, I was going to go against everything that ever came out of my mouth about you and actually stimulate the economy of your poor salesmanship business. But, with most mistakes I make, I should have trusted my instincts all along.

INTERMIX, BURN IN HELL. Okay, not exactly. But still. Thank you to a not-so-trendy, and even less friendly sales girl in the Georgetown location, I left yesterday feeling poor (typical), fat (it’s called voluptuous), and like a total hypocrite who vowed to never set foot in their again. Though I was coming from Zumba and still in my gym clothes, Homegirl refused to greet me, instead looking at me up and down and probably calculating my net work based on my poor gym ensemble (I was wearing a black shirt that read “Hollywood” in diamonds, so I half don’t blame her). But as I’ve learned as a former waitress in fine dining, it’s impossible to judge a book by its cover; the man in the sweatpants is usually the one buying the $400 bottle of rare sake.

As I sifted through the racks, she had a bodyguard up my butt the entire time, and kept requesting that she hold items at the counter for me, even though I was unsure of whether or not I even wanted them. Her forcefulness and aggressiveness made the shopping trip anything but relaxing, and while I feel like I’m writing a bad Yelp.com review, feel that this store deserves to be outted.

After latching onto the super sale Pleasure Doing Business number, the sales girl asked me if I wanted to try it on. Not wanting to soil my new skirt post-workout, I told her no, and let her know that I knew my size, having owned several of the skirts myself (Lies. I tried on my girlfriend Lal’s once. I just wanted to sound rich). She stuck her nose in the air, and brazenly responded, “YOU KNOW THAT’S A PETITE YOU’RE HOLDING”.

My entire workout was totally dismissed by that one bitchy comment. Frankly, I should have tried it on, and left my sweaty sports bra or something else in the dressing room in revenge. Instead, in my attempt to keep it classy, hung the skirt back up, and without a comment, slammed the door on my way out. I saw her scowling at me with the security guard as I left.

I am still appalled, annoyed, and totally irritated with the type of employees that Georgetown Intermix seems to hire. Back in my days of making the big bucks as a waitress, I’d shop at Cusp and Wink with the sweet, accommodating sales girls who never tried to give me an inferiority complex. Homegirl, just because you work at a place where rich, snobby people sometimes shop does NOT give you the right to be like them.

Ugh, so oves.

No comments:

Post a Comment