9.20.2010

Chelsea Handler was a Dud

I know this is old news, but with my job, internship, pageant coaching, cocktail waitressing, and social calendar always filling up, blogging can sometimes be a tough task to accomplish. Plus, if they choice is whether to go to Vida and get a great yoga workout or sit on my coach, blog, and eat Pirate’s Booty I’d stick with the first at the risk of getting obese and losing all of my friends. But, for the record, I am thoroughly disappointed and let down by my idol, Chelsea Handler, and her recent VMA hosting gig.

Her usually sarcastic, straight-forward, and raunchy humor makes me envious; I actually have gotten irritated watching her before because her jokes are so good that I actually get jealous of her ability. Her books are hilarious; who knew having sex with a midget could be such an adventure? But in the midst of all of this, Chels just didn’t live up to my expectations in her hosting abilities.
The hot tub vignette with the Jersey Shore cast? Wackkk. The hate on Gaga’s crazy outfits? Overkill. But most of all, it was her constant reference to the Kayne\Taylor beef that occurred last year, which is so over, I’m sure they’ve apologized already, and honestly, should not even be given another ten seconds for what it’s worth. Plus, why are we making jokes about Lindsay Lohan’s alcoholism and performing skits with her? To me, La Loca’s hot mess is not a laughing matter.
On the flip side, Chels looked HOT. I loved all of her outfit choices, and truly thought she looked great. With most of the good females comedians not exactly looking like they can afford the celebrity amenities that I’m sure their budgets can handle in the looks department (Margaret Cho or Roseann Barr, anyone?), she pulled herself together nicely and looked like one of the stars who she’d normally be making fun of. I just wished she was funnier, dammit.

No comments:

Post a Comment