9.09.2010

The W Hotel Rocks my Socks

Everyone’s hating on the W these days, but it’s still one of my favorite outdoor spots in the District. From their delicious mojitos to the amazing view of the White House, I feel like this spot is perfect for the autumn happy hour. I love the décor and knowing that every time that I go I’ll be sure to see some kind of wannabe DC socialite, and in my opinion, it’s places like those that are the most comical to frequent. Whether you’d like a great place of filet mignon at J&G or would rather just bask in the mod chandeliers, try this place as a DC escape. I will say, however, that I take great issue in the lameness of the answering services that employees have. Instead of saying the standard “leave a message after the beep”, I was told “to leave my who, what, where, and when” which had me thinking, what the frig kind of place am I calling right now?! But aside from trying to fulfill some sort of Nuevo-riche standard, you may catch a professional athlete, and to me, that’s totally worth it. It’s also described as one of the top ten spots for “singles” (a word that mildly grosses me out and makes it sound like creepy internet dating), so just a huge FYI if you’re going here to meet your newest mate.


So screw you haters who don’t like the W, think it’s getting too young, too black, or too trendy. This is Washington DC; a young adult city with a majority black population. If you have a problem with that, buy some North Face and move to Boston.

No comments:

Post a Comment