9.08.2010

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo

Since the Harry Potter series, there have been very few books in which I have been on the edge of my seat and have stayed up all night with my reading light on in order to finish it. J to the K (though Harry’s looking quite hot these days). But to reiterate what I’m sure is on everyone’s reading agenda, Stieg Larsson’s The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, along with the other two books in his murder mystery trilogy, are probably some of the best works I’ve read in a while. Although lengthy, the easy reading, mysterious settings, and racy subject matters will keep you on the edge of your seat and begging for the next seductive chapter. And for all of the boys out there who say that these are girly books, think again- there is absolutely NOTHING Carie Bradshaw-esque about these reads. Still not sold? Here are my reasons why these books are the bomb:


• They take place in Sweden- AKA the best looking and one of my favorite countries in all of Europe (if you go, check out the Ice Lounge in Stockholm). And don’t schlep it if you visit. Though it’s not Paris or Milan, the French or Italian have nothing on these women.

• Blomquist seems like he’d be hot in person. He has promiscuous relationships, is a troubled writer, and can fight crime- sounds like a hot, Swedish Johnny Depp if you ask me.

• The shock value is intense. I love reading things that make me say, did that really just happen!? And in these books, it does. Plus, a great deal of it is pretty X-rated which makes it all the more juicy.

Don’t be a loser and read what everyone else has been into these days. Plus, you’ll want to check it out before they make the American movie so you can decide if Angelina Jolie or Kristen Stewart should play Lisbeth Salandar…like that’s even a question!

No comments:

Post a Comment