11.11.2010

Lauren Conrad? Oves.

Lauren Conrad taking the runway in a
black maxi dress that I could probably
find at Old Navy for $12.
I’m not obsessed with fashion. But I do love great pieces, Sky shirts, Pleasure Doing Business Skirts, and virtually anything that makes my waist look skinny and my boobs look half decent. But one thing I can’t stand are these people who claim themselves as fashionistas with very little original acclaim. Though I would never wear half the crap that Lady Gaga, Iman, Victoria Beckham, or Gwen Stefani wear, the uniqueness and forward nature of all of their ensembles make them stand out in a crowd and allow them to compete in a league of their own. Someone who peeves my in this area? Lauren Conrad- You’re hot, I loved your shows, you seem very genuine, and because of your straight hair I got a Brazilian blowout. HOWEVER, stop claiming yourself as this trendsetter/fashion icon! The Lauren Conrad Collection is nothing more than overpriced Splendid, and you put together “original looks” that look like you went into Bloomingdales and pulled off the very outfit that the Marc Jacobs mannequin was wearing. I’m not trying to hate, but I just don’t think she should pose herself as a mogul of something which she is NOT. Even more, what’s wrong with just being California cool? She should move away from this image of trying to pose as this “fashionista” and pimp out MTV and reality television for all it’s worth. I’m sure she’s a lovely girl. I’m just ready to poke the next person in the eye who comes close to referring to her as a fashion icon.  

No comments:

Post a Comment