8.06.2011

Happy 100th Birthday, Lucille Ball!


An icon who always painted the town leopard in her own right, Lucy has always been an idol of mine and someone who continues to capture the hearts of viewers of all ages. If you haven't watched an episode in some time, I highly recommend you do (plus, Ricky Riccardo was my first crush at probably age six). Here are some fun facts about I Love Lucy that few people know:
  • Her birth name was Lucille Desiree Ball and was born in Jamestown, New York.
  • In the 20s, Lucy worked on Broadway under the stage name Diane Belmont.
  • Her relationship with Desi Arnaz was discouraged due to her being seven years older in age, which they claimed was a factor towards their divorce. 
  • Lucy was a registered 'Communist' on her voting records.
  • Lucy died from an aneurysm at age 77.


2 comments:

  1. She was one of my fav people In the whole world I ve seen every show and movie of hers and been to the studio wear she worked happy 100 th birthday to her I've sometimes wish I have worked with her maybe did in my former life haha
    I going and watching hallmark all weekend:)

    ReplyDelete