8.07.2011

Name Plate Jewelry is Back!

If Kim and Jennifer are wearing them, then why not?!

It was always back for me. Being from Rhode Island, you didn't officially enter adulthood until you got your name engraved on a gold or silver ring, sometimes with a thin row of diamonds underlining the base. These slowly evolved into necklaces, hoop earrings, and whatever else came to mind, becoming a staple of my high school career. As I do with most things, however, I lost my name ring years back, sadly not wanting to tell my parents and just acting like I've moved on to other jewelry. But about two years ago, in typical Angela fashion, my name ring appeared in the base of my purple Gucci bag (which I also haven't used in years), and since then, have yet to remove it. Now, I'm not the only one bringing back nameplate jewelry; Us Weekly and several other media sources have noted name jewelry a budding trend among the celebrity crowd. It's also something that I've seen to be a trend in the Capital right now, something that's slowly becoming more and more popular with the adolescent crowd. And while I wouldn't recommend that you wear nameplate hoop earrings to the office, the rings are completely professional and subtle enough to be worn regardless of the occasion.

Want to buy a nameplate piece of jewelry on your own? Eve's Addiction (www.evesaddiction.com) has tons of pieces reasonably priced.

No comments:

Post a Comment