11.20.2011

Jersey Boys ROCKED the District!


Even if you're not that much a musical theater person (which, for the record, I am), I was lucky enough to have been invited to see Jersey Boys tonight at the National Theater; aesthetically pleasing to both of the eyes and (duhh) the ears. The National Theater set as a perfect landscape to over 50 virtual images as sets, live images of The Four Seasons, and amazing costumes tat will have you wanting to be retro-fabulous in no time. Though I lost the playbill, this show has a retro-Italian, New Jersey feel that will make you feel like you're at the Cafe Dolce Vita in Providence (I was inspired to decorate my new apartment with all of the art decor stuff), and you'll have tons of "oh-my-God-I-know-that-song!" moments. While you may have just heard about The Four Seasons, this show is a standout when it comes to Broadway musicals, and I'm sure will continue to receive lots and lots of Tony awards. Learn that Lauryn Hill wasn't the originator of "Can't Take My Eyes Off of You", the song from the Nair commercial is actually a remake, and that The Four Seasons totally revolutionized American rock-n-roll music.

No comments:

Post a Comment