1.01.2013

...I'm baaaaaack!

Well, the Mayans were wrong. While I thought that I'd have to accomplish everything in 2012 that was humanly possible before some type of polar shift or solar flare went down, the moral of the story is that not everything that you read on the internet is true, and that even if something is on the History Channel, it doesn't mean that it's gospel.


2012, nevertheless, was a huge year in the world of tacky-ness and guidos. Snooki had a baby. Miss Rhode Island, Olivia Culpo (who WENT TO MY HIGH SCHOOL!!) became Miss USA, and then went onto be Miss Universe this past December. And while Betsy Johnson sadly went out of business, shoe designer Jeffrey Campbell made the Lady Gaga inspired 'nightwalker' pumps accessible to peons like me in his very own line that came out for Nordstrom and Neiman Marcus.

But perhaps 2012 was even a more grandoise year for DC. While I may have moved over the bridge to...bear with me, you can say it...Alexandria, I've still been in celebratory spirits about all of the District's happenings. Some highlights? The Redskins became the NFC champions (I hate sports, but even I'll admit that it's pretty damn cool). Beautiful, Vegas-style lounges like Capitalle and Heist (R.I.P. Fly) successfully emerged throughout the city and brought with their debuts beautiful, Vegas-style crowds. But MOST importantly, the brazen, the beautiful, and the BOMB-ASS Barack Obama was reelected president, and Washingtonians at various election night parties throughout the city cheered with joy. Enough said.

In any case, I look forward to a year of ranting, raving, and writing, and doing it unapologetically in the most tacky of ways possible. Here's to an amazing 2013!

No comments:

Post a Comment