1.02.2013

I'm Still Exhausted from my New Year's Eve @ Shadow Room






Donned in a Selena-inspired (I'm her #1 fan) dress that I got on sale for $30 at Arden B at Providence Place Mall, I was ready to ring in 2013 with a bang. And after contemplating various New Years party spots in the city, I decided to make way to my boyfriend's personal old faithful, Shadow Room, and could not have had a better time.
 
My $75 ticket got me total open bar, which made me completely apprehensive at first; usually any open bar party consists of watered down drinks, sweaty prepsters who care barely stand up, and little to no access of the bar itself. However, Shadow Room did it right; they were mega-staffed, made the bar easy to approach, and didn't over book the party in such a way that I actually felt like I was at a private event. Furthermore, this venue which previously had a generic and mediocre club feel recently got a makeover, with red and black detailing that now looks like a chic blend of Dirty Bar and OYA.
 
After a night of Veuve, grinding the night away on the dance floor, and kissing my boo at midnight, I will most definitely be a regular at Shadow Room. One of the best New Years parties I've been to yet, this previously D-List club rang in the new year with an A+ makeover an event that will definitely make it a strong competitor on the DC club scene in 2013!

2 comments: