1.21.2013

Inauguration Fabulousness!


Obama inauguration
Unlike last inauguration, I wasn't able to attend one of the beautiful balls, but went to the ceremony during the day and watched the ball coverage from my couch in Alexandria with a class of Pinot Grigio  in hand. However, I am beyond proud that Barack Obama was elected for a second term. He is the only politician that inspires me and truly makes me want to better myself. Based on that, here are some of the highlights that I will never forget about the second inauguration of the 44th President:

  • Beyonce's OUTSTANDING coverage of the National Anthem. Sometimes R&B singers of her like improvise a bit too much, but she killed it (and looked beautiful while she sang). 
  • Michelle's absolutely gorgeous, new haircut. Even though boyfriends usually hate bangs, I have a feeling that they're going to be making a much stronger appearance in the next couple of months. 
  • The homeless men trying to sell by shirts of Obama's face on Jay-Z's body, with the caption "Allow me to re-introduce myself...". Totally priceless, and had I not walked from Washington Circle, probably would not have seen these gems. 
  • The buyouts at Jaleo and Rosa Mexicano. Never have I seen these Latino restaurants draw in such a Thomas Pink-wearing crowd. #inaugurationprobz
  • Seeing Common walking in the city and Instagramming photos with random pedestrians. Pretty funny stuff, but then again, Common is down with the common folk... 
  • Barack's absolutely amazing, moving speech (that went in and out through the horrible speakers that the city of DC provided for listeners on the mall. Don't worry, I caught it on YouTube after).
Whether you were one of the staffers I knew who were front and center (and I am entirely jealous of) or  watching it from your couch, it was another successful inauguration and definitely one that I won't forget!

1 comment:

  1. Just wish to say your article is as astonishing.
    The clarity to your put up is simply excellent and i can suppose you are an expert on this subject.
    Well together with your permission allow me to
    grab your RSS feed to stay up to date with imminent post. Thank you 1,000,000 and
    please keep up the enjoyable work.

    Look into my homepage - http://www.raybansale-shop.com

    ReplyDelete