10.01.2009

People Go Gaga Over Me

Or at least tell me that I look exactly like her at least once every day. I'll be waiting a table or getting a drink at the end of my long night, and I'll suddenly be approached with the question "Do you know who you look exactly like?". At first I thought it was just because of my hair cut, since I have really blunt, blonde bangs, but realized that I've been asked this even when I thought I was Lauren Conrad for a couple months and wore side swept bangs with long hair extensions, the epitome of exactly what Gaga is NOT. As a huge fan of her music and her originality, I see this as the blessing and a curse. The good? Maybe some people out there think that I have an unconventionality to my look, which is a good thing in my eyes. The bad? Other could speculate me to have a penis, which I will confirm right now, is not even a little bit true if it was a question in your mind.  Regardless, this is something I enjoy and something I embrace a little bit, since I think Gaga secretly has a little bit of guido inside of her, too (I've seen her rock the hoops, the leather jackets, the red nails, everything I like, basically).
The Gaga-resemblance was full force this past Tuesday evening, in which I attended the Lady Gaga concert after party at the Donovan House, a Thompsan Hotel located in Dupont Circle. With the party being held on the rooftop, there was a beautiful pool, lighting, and long chaises which I proceeded to lounge on after my feet hurt since I decided to wear my most uncomfortable shoes possible out for the evening (needless to say, they looked amazing). I was extremely impressed with the rooftop, and felt that I was at a Vegas pool party only during the evening and instead of having drunk, steroid boys as the majority, was graced by refined, gay men who were so gorgeous that I thought if I stared at them hard enough would turn straight (didn't happen). After one glass of champagne, the pool looked so beautiful that I was convinced for five minutes to jump in (I didn't), and the cocktails were generous (I was wow-ed by the huge wine pours the bartender kept giving us). The Tuesday night parties are invite only, but as most "exclusive" parties are in DC, just make sure you look nice and pretend like you're on the list, and you'll get upstairs no problem. The crowd was classy, fun, and by one o'clock when everyone was a little bit drunk, bought into take pictures with me thinking it was Gaga (although they were probably just being nice). While I've never stayed in the Donovan before, it radiates the feeling that you'd get at a boutique hotel, but still is over ten stories and was formerly a Holiday Inn. The view is priceless on the roof, and for a second, you'll forget you're in DC and think that you're in a small European city (after you've had at least three drinks, of course). 

The Donovan Hotel is located at 1155 14th Street with rooms starting at $299 a night. Trust me, you'll get to stay somewhere adorable and party with some of the most beautiful gays in DC...

See you next Tuesday,
Angela xo

No comments:

Post a Comment