3.30.2010

Ricky!

Being a huge advocate and supporter of the DC gay population, I'm happy and proud of Senor Enrique Martin for his recent coming out. Surprised? Abso-fricken-lutely NOT! I mean, not to stereotype, but what heterosexual man that you know wears jeans that tight, adopts twin babies as a single dad, and enthusiastically tells you to "shake your bon bon"? While I nevertheless consider him a top five stud, I didn't exactly go into cardiac arrest today when I found out that Ricky came true about his colors (which are clearly rainbow indeed). In fact, I even further admire him for making himself all the more vulnerable in a pop culture that is sometimes brash and judgmental. And, hopefully, Ricky can serve as an inspiration to others out their, regardless of sexual orientation, showcasing that you can be talented, successful, and handsome, with your sexuality only being a small fragment of your overall self. Hopefully, we'll one day all be laughing at the fact that someone's sexual orientation is actually news worth.
While I'm sure that there are many men out there praising Jesus right now for Ricky's confirmation on their dreams, I want to send Ricky Martin all of my love and support for a continued successful career and my admiration for his courage to continue to be true to himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment