1.28.2011

I Want to Have this Moment 4 Life

Pink lipgloss? Check. Cinderella story, complete with a Fairy Godmother? Check. And one of hip-hops finest who is totally my brother’s doppelganger? Huge check. Yes, I’m stooping to the level of every sixteen-year-old Washingtonienne high school girl, but Nikki Minaj’s newest video, Moment 4 Life (and I’m loving the ‘4’ in lieu of the ‘for’, FYI), is truly dessert for my eyes and ears. With an adorable introduction of Nikki getting ready for the grand ball, straight up Cinderella-style with a Queens-laced accent, I felt like a little girl again wishing that I was the girl going to the hip-hop inspired ball, complete with Black male models and a pink wig. While the song is romantical and fun in and of itself- Drake’s verse is completely off the chain, I might add- the Sophia Coppellaesque colors and fireworks that shape the video give me vibes that I’m a combination of Marie Antoinette meets Romeo & Juliet. But most importantly, I’m finally happy to see a female rapper in the hip hop community not just riding on her sexuality, but instead, combining elements of art, fashion, and lyrical creativity for the perfect girlie masterpiece. Is it Shakespeare, go-down-in-history worthy? Not exactly. But it definitely pumps me up, and has me wishing for there to be fireworks and Drake rapping at my wedding one day.
Check out the Moment 4 Life by Nicki Minaj video by clicking here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QFU1FrWvXk

No comments:

Post a Comment