9.01.2009

Sparkles and cleavage and neon, OH MY!


It is very rare that I have such strong convictions for a designer. The same thing happens to all of us; Without naming any names, we throw all of our trust onto the one *it* designer that seems to be all the rage until we finally make it to Bloomingdales to try on pieces for ourselves and realize that they were probably only made for the Kate Mosses, Chloe Sevignys, and Mischa Bartons (or Mushy Fartone, a la fellow blogger Perez Hilton) of the world. The cuts are in all of the wrong and most unflattering places, my love handles look like two doughboys dangling from either sides of my hips, and my breasts are pushed apart from each other in such an offensive way that it looks like I'm milking. These "designers" who supposedly sculpt the fashion ideals for each season don't cease to amaze me in how they manage to make my body look anything but fashionable when I wear their clothes.
Don't get me wrong; I definitely love and appreicate good style, read my InStyle magazine and sift through the Saks 5th Avenue sale racks in Chevy Chase at the end of each season with the endurance of an athlete. But do you know how happy it makes me when I FINALLY find a designer who actually enhances my body?
For the past two years, I've had an obsession with Sky, a moderately priced Los Angeles-based clothing line of tops and dresses that completely enhance the person lucky enough to be adorned in their regalness. Utilizing all bright and dramatic colors, Sky showcases everything from clubby halter tops to ornate maxi-dresses holding consistency in their image with the sparkly (and often heavy-but worth it) and sometimes gaudy pendents always situated beneath the bust line.
These clothes work miracles, let me tell you. With the majority of their tops having breast cups, Sky can turn Rosie O'Donnell's breasts into two perfect little LaLohan lumps. Plus, they're great for clubbing, but more importantly, great for nights of heavy eating when you still want to look sexy. Being tight in chest area but always loose from that point downward, they are a Wonderbra for the body that may leave the man for a surprise when he chooses to disrobe his prize at the end of the night. Regardless, DC girls really need to get on the band wagon with this one.
If you're looking for a deal on these sometimes expensive but necessary pieces in every woman's wardrobe, a good friend of mine from Rhode Island, Kelly Salvati, launched a very successful website that sometimes carries pieces for as much as half off! Check out http://www.shopritzyrags.com/ for some sweet deals on Sky, and along with that, a barely there midsection with Jessica Simpson boobs. Because what's better than diamond embelishments and great cleavage?

Think about it.

xo,

Angela
P.S. Become a follower by clicking the link to your right please!!

No comments:

Post a Comment