3.07.2011

And on the Seventh Day, God Created Hair Extensions, and said, “It was Good”.


Where the hell would my life be without a little bit of lab-grown, Italian human hair and keratin bonding? I have no idea. But as a Rhode Island native living in the District, I’ve been truly in a dry spell the past several years when it comes to trying to find someone in the area who can do half-decent hair extensions that don’t cost my entire month’s paycheck (let me preface as well that I’m talking about Caucasian hair… There are plenty of AMAZING Black stylists in DC who do some of the best weaves I’ve ever seen, but unfortunately, blondie white Angela can’t exactly pull off sewn-in hair. Trust me, I’ve tried). Well, happy birthday to me, because a few weeks ago and many Yelp.com searches later, I found an incredible stylist who put some Great Lengths hair extensions in for me and was located only over the Bridge- gasp!- in McLean, VA. Ashley of Hier & Haines Salon is truly a hair care goddess; a former blonde herself, she not only found the perfect extensions for my hair, but actually gave me tips and tricks for hair care throughout the process. You can barely see the bonds and the extensions are layered in such a way that you wouldn’t even be able to guess twice that they’re in my hair. Granted, I didn’t do a full head, but for twenty pieces on either side of the front, she charged me an easy $150, which if you know hair extensions, is a total steal. With prices ranging from $800-$1500 (it’s close to $3000 in the city) for a full head, Hier & Haines is adorable, friendly, and definitely tops my recommendation list after seeing the great work that they do. What better gift to give myself for my birthday but fake hair?


Hier & Haines Salon is located at 6236 Old Dominion Drive in McLean, VA. Call for appointments at (703) 538-4300.

No comments:

Post a Comment