3.08.2011

Sprinkles Has Landed...

And has already taken the Caucasian M Street demographic by storm. Originally from Beverly Hills, this posh cupcakerie has expanded its presence across the West Coast and Mid West, only to make its first East Coast debut in our very own DC. And while I doubt that the majority of the Skinny Bitch-reading California girls actually eat very many cupcakes, I had the opportunity myself to try one of Sprinkle's delights today, and was truly impressed. Not only is the store's decor absolutely adorable, but the flavors are insanely good (Sorry, Georgetown Cupcake) and could now be the second best in DC (Baked & Wired still has no competition in my book for their greatness, but their hipster interior looses them many cool points). Even more, vegans and glutens alike have the amazingness of enjoying my personal favorite flavor, red velvet (which is non-discriminatory baking and pretty cool), or if you don't have dietary restrictions, can indulge in this month's delectable special, Irish Chocolate. The only misses? Stay far, far away from Ginger Lemon (it reminded me of those gross lemon-y Girl Scout cookies that no one would ever order from me when I was a kid), and the pumpkin's kind of meh as well. Aside from that, Sprinkles is chic, adorable, and couldn't be more properly situated amongst Georgetown's finest. Get ready for NYC's Sprinkles opening in Spring 2011 but- haha, NYC- this time we beat you!

Sprinkles is located at 3015 M Street NW Washington, DC 20007. 

No comments:

Post a Comment