3.02.2011

Pandora is an Obvi

I never used Pandora in my entire life until about a month ago, and I’m hooked. And, no, I’m not talking about those tacky bracelets that girls wear up and down Mineral Spring Ave. in North Providence. Unless you apparently live in a cage away from all modern technology like I do, Pandora is a fabulous free radio device online that, not only will play songs of your favorite artist, but will actually incorporate songs that, based on your favorite artist, your ears would find pleasing, as well. Thanks to my new internet friend, my stress levels at work have miraculously decreased (Erykah Badu radio, anyone?), I’ve learned about this amazing R&B singer named Goapele who I never would have heard about otherwise, and have improved my Spanish language skills thanks to Calle 13 radio (even though I’ve probably just learned a whole bunch of derogatory phrases en espanol now). Yes,
www.pandora.com is a multi-purpose, free radio system for music snobs everywhere, that actually has you able to access songs reflective of your own musical aesthetics. The only downfall? Unless you pay the one-time fee, you’ll have annoying commercials ever fourth song or so, which totally kills it if you’re using Pandora to “get in the mood” (hehehe…just kidding). I mean, let’s be real- Who wants to be making out with their boyfriend and hear some terrible ad about music pirating mid-smooch? Regardless, Pandora is my new BFF and, if you haven’t yet discovered the gems in Pandora’s box, I totally recommend you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment